React Native Mobile Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a React Native Engineer to join an ethical and tech-led company.
We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our members' experiences. We’re also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
We work in project-based sprints in integrated teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment. As an engineer you’ll be able to get involved in any aspect of the business you are interested in.
You’d be working in a multi disciplinary team with developers, testers, designers, product managers and subject matter experts. We’ve got ambitious targets for customer self-service and we’re always looking for innovative and exciting new ideas.
We love the following tech but we don’t expect everybody to be an expert in all of them from day one:
- React Native for a shared codebase across iOS and Android
- GraphQL, Apollo and Redux to query, manage and store data and state
- Koa for RESTful APIs
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for data storage
- CircleCI for automated builds and staging deployments
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
We think the following will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits we’d love for you to send us an application:
- You take pleasure from clear code, see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments
- You are keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we make things better
- You like solving both real world and technical problems
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit
- Technology of your choice
Application Closing Date: June 2019