Head of PR
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of PR to join a very fast growth and innovative company. In this role you will be tasked with devising and delivering our external communications strategy, leading engaging campaigns with creative flair whilst maintaining a strategic perspective to develop our brand.
We’re Bulb, an independent, technology-led renewable energy company. We are a purpose driven business that has developed a unique operating model to provide the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant start-up community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about helping its industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
- Build on and develop Bulb’s proactive PR strategy aimed at building Bulb’s reputation and securing coverage in consumer media
- Build, maintain and grow relationships with media contacts
- Create compelling content for press releases, statements and more by identifying opportunities for stories and case studies
- Develop a company standard of PR best-practice setting KPIs to showcase the impact of the communications strategy
- Manage media during issues and crises by anticipating, planning, preparing and being the champion of Bulb's brand reputation
- Become the key company point of contact for any internal PR/media queries.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties and our PR agency
- Work alongside our Growth team to successfully launch new Bulb products through communications
- Work alongside our Head of Risk & Regulatory on strategic stakeholder engagement and policy work
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interesting in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
- Be an experienced PR and communications professional with responsibility for an in-house PR function
- Have substantial experience of planning and executing successful PR strategies with quantifiable ROI
- Have strong relationships with journalists and media contacts ideally within relevant sectors.
- Be well versed in effective reputation management.
- A strategic thinker, you ask questions, track results, and strive to achieve business goals.
- An innovative and creative communications professional with experience of producing engaging and insightful content across multiple channels.
- A strong verbal communicator, you are a naturally confident spokesperson with an ability to build lasting relationships internally and externally.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that triggers learning over no decision at all.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit