Front-end Engineer, Design Systems
We are looking a front-end developer to join our Design Architecture team to ensure design consistency, quality, accessibility and data ethics across Bulb products.
Bulb is an independent, technology-led green energy company. Our unique operating model provides the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. At Bulb, our work is distributed across several multidisciplinary product teams, each containing engineers, product managers, user researchers, and domain experts.
We welcome diverse perspectives and applications from engineers at all levels of experience from all backgrounds.
Please note that this opportunity is in our London office and it's not a remote role.
The Design Architecture team mission
- Insure design consistency, quality, accessibility and data ethics across Bulb products.
- Increase efficiency of product pods by streamlining front-end work.
- Provide training and mentoring to level up design and front-end knowledge across product.
As a front-end engineer on our Design Architecture team you will:
- Establish front-end patterns and practices that ensure accessible and performant digital products.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to scale and evolve our design system.
- Build simple and elegant interfaces, while refactoring the codebase to make it more modular and robust.
- Help to make decisions about front-end technologies, to make sure the team stays productive as the front-end stack evolves.
- Experience with maintaining and scaling design systems.
- A passion for great user experience and a good eye for design.
- A thoughtful methodological approach to design systems and front-end architecture.
- Passionate about performance and accessibility.
Please provide links to examples of your work including any pattern libraries and style guides you have created as part of your application.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit
- Technology of your choice
Application Closing Date: 11th September 2018