Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper, greener. We are an independent, technology and green energy company. Our unique operating model provides low-cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we’re also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
Here at Bulb, we believe we’ve brought together the best team and are set to change the world. However, any rapidly growing company needs someone to manage the impact of that growth on the work environment and make sure our culture and values are promoted throughout. As an Office Manager, you'll help make Bulb the best place to work.
You will need to take initiative to tackle the issues that appear as we grow rapidly, whilst making sure we are ready for the future. This is a hugely impactful role designed around understanding the needs of the amazing people that make up Bulb, helping them come to work happier and more excited for the day ahead.
- Manage the day to day running of the office
- Organise the office layout and order stationery, technology and other equipment
- Manage Bulb’s relationship with our workspace provider
- Take ownership of our weekly company meeting
- Co-ordinate company events and activities
- Promote our cultural values
- Organise the on-boarding process for all our new starters and making sure they feel welcome
- Be responsible for all Office related issues for team members
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they're observed
- Manage HR administration tasks - absences, expenses, 1-2-1’s
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment. For this role we are looking for a high-energy, super-organised individual who is happy to work with people from across the company. You'll need a strong bias to action and a knack for taking the initiative.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
- Proven office management experience
- Comfortable handling HR tasks, such as payroll or expenses
- Strong administrative skills to manage our workspace as the team continues to grow
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and a 'make it better' attitude
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal skills; you'll be the face of the company for many guests and visitors
- A problem solver with a bias for action
- Flexibility to work on different tasks, and prioritise effectively where needed
- You'll be at the centre of company events so party-planning skills are a plus
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit