Senior Software Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join an ethical and tech-led company.
We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our members' experiences. We’re also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
We work in project-based sprints in integrated teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment. As an engineer you’ll be able to get involved in any aspect of the business you are interested in. Currently the following pods are looking for Senior Software Engineers:
Help us create applications and services that allow our members to manage their accounts via desktop, mobile, SMS and email. You’d be working in a multi disciplinary team with developers, testers, designers, product managers and subject matter experts, developing across the full stack. We’ve got ambitious targets for customer self service and we’re always looking for innovative and exciting new ideas.
Energy Specialist Technology
We enable the Energy Specialist team to provide the best member service in the energy industry. You'll be using technology in interesting ways to automate tasks, simplify workflows, and build improvements to members experiences across products to reduce the need for them to get in touch with us. We're always on the lookout for making things better as we grow.
GrowthThe number of people that have their energy supplied by Bulb has grown 1,000% per year and we're on a trend to do the same this year. Join the pod that's working on driving this growth as part of a multidisciplinary team working across the full stack, and help tackle exciting challenges, ambitious opportunities, and powerful products - such as the journey customers use to switch their energy, the most visited Bulb product Bulb.co.uk and more!
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
- You take pleasure from clear code, see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
- You are keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we do things better
- You like solving both real world and technical problems
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
- You are passionate about learning and your own professional development
At Bulb we use a wide variety of technologies. While we have core technologies that we work with, we're always trying to pick the best tool for the job, and are always looking at what's on the horizon.
Our stack currently includes:
- Node, Typescript, Koa, Redux, React, React Native, Webpack, Babel, Flow
- Circle CI, Kubernetes, Docker and Google Cloud Platform
We use Git for source control, write tests and run continuous integration, and review each other’s code through pull requests.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit
- Technology of your choice
Application Closing Date: April 2019