This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join a very fast growth and innovative company.
We’re Bulb, an independent, technology-led renewable energy company. We are a purpose driven business that has developed a unique operating model to provide the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about helping its industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our growing team. You will:
- Manage accounts payable ledger on a day-to-day basis
- Prepare payment runs and perform invoice matching to payment entries
- Actively resolve AP-related queries by engaging with external suppliers
- Perform monthly aged creditor reconciliations
- Process employee expense claims and credit card reports
Operational / member service:
- Provide payments transaction support for Energy Specialists in resolution of member queries
- Verify and implement compensation and refund requests for multiple payment methods
- Reconcile transactions between payment providers’ and company’s operational systems
- Assist with preparation of management accounts
- Perform financial analysis
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Drive process improvement
- Assist with tax and other compliance work
- Studying ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) or if you’re keen to start
- Strong academic background
- Attention to detail and understanding of financial controls
- Structured approach to managing data and processing transactions
- Good communication skills
- Business understanding to link the finance control requirements with operational needs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit