Mobile Engineer (React Native)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Engineer to join an ethical and tech-led company.
We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our member’s experiences. We’re also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
We work in project-based sprints in multi disciplinary teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment. As a Mobile Engineer you’ll be working on an iOS and Android app used by 25% of our members. Over the next 6 months we have ambitious plans to increase the number of members using the app by developing new payment functionality, switch progress tracking and a prepayment experience.
Currently the following pod is looking for Mobile Engineers:
Help us create applications and services that allow our members to manage their accounts via desktop, mobile, SMS and email. You’d be working in a multi disciplinary team with developers, testers, designers, product managers and subject matter experts. We’ve got ambitious targets for customer self service and we’re always looking for innovative and exciting new ideas.
We love the following tech but we don’t expect everybody to be an expert in all of them from day one.
- React Native for a shared codebase across iOS and Android
- GraphQL, Apollo and Redux to query, manage and store data and state
- Typescript as we love type safety
- Koa for RESTful APIs
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for data storage
- CircleCI for automated builds and staging deployments
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
- You take pleasure from clear code, see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments
- You are keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we make things better
- You like solving both real world and technical problems
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit
- Technology of your choice
Application Closing Date: 11th September 2018