We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Bulb provides 100% renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. In 3 years, Bulb has reached over £1.2 billion in annualised revenue and supplies over 1.2 million members.
We have developed a unique model to deliver affordable renewable energy to homes and businesses while, at the same time, giving the best-rated customer service. We achieve this by hiring great people and giving them leverage with great technology.
We are the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about leading its industry to become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
It’s an exciting time to join as we continue to grow at a rapid rate and expand internationally.
- Manage day-to-day finance processes
- Consistently produce timely, accurate and relevant consolidated management accounts, variance analysis to forecasts, commentary and other information packs for the CFO, Senior Leadership Team and external stakeholders
- Oversee group cash flows, ensuring there are "no surprises" for management regarding working capital requirements
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting for the Group
- Ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual filings are completed in time including VAT returns, corporation tax, share options, payroll and other
- Deliver all internal and external financial reporting including year end audits, statutory accounts, country by country reporting and other
- Build productive internal and external relationships with Senior Leadership Team, tax advisors, external auditors, finance providers and other
- Maintaining and enhancing current financial control framework across all countries
- Proactively build knowledge of the business and the industry in order to support key decisions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through best practice
- Project manage NetSuite ERP and other accounting software implementations
- Assist leadership team with company wide growth projects
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Strong academic background
- Previous experience in high growth, technology businesses
- Willingness to take on a broad and evolving hands-on role
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
- Able to work with and communicate detailed financial information to non-finance teams
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills and able to present to Senior Management
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme
Date of posting: 25th June 2019
Application Closing Date: 24th July 2019
Competitive Salary Applies