Head of Risk & Regulation - Maternity Cover
We’re Bulb, a technology company and green energy supplier. We’ve developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the core of both our business and our members’ experiences. We are looking for a dynamic leader to head up our Risk, Regulation and Policy team for a maternity cover.
This Risk, Regulation and Policy function is a unique function which oversees legal and compliance advice, regulatory affairs and risk management. Together, these areas help Bulb grow responsibly and fulfil its regulatory obligations in a commercial, social, and impactful way.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, excited about Bulb’s mission to help people lower their bills and reduce their carbon emissions. We’re looking for a self-starter who has experience across risk and compliance and regulatory affairs who enjoys solving complex problems.
We’re Bulb, an independent and technology-led renewable energy supplier. By providing 100% renewable gas and electricity, we’re making energy simpler, cheaper and greener for our members. With over 1.3m members, last year we were ranked #1 start-up in London and topped the ranks of the UK’s fastest growing companies. We're also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
What you’ll do at Bulb
You’ll spend your time:
- Leading the work of the Risk, Regulation and Policy function overseeing the work of one lawyer and building the team in line with the growing requirements of the business
- Owning the development and delivery of the compliance monitoring plan and using technology to automate reporting and monitoring
- Driving forward Bulb’s work on data privacy and security
- Supporting the leadership team and business unit to manage their regulatory responsibilities and the key regulatory risks facing the business
- Prioritising the policy issues that will impact Bulb and managing Bulb’s relationships with government, regulators and NGOs
- Providing guidance and support to stakeholders across the business to help build a proactive culture to risk, compliance and regulation
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
- 8+ years experience working in regulation, compliance or policy
- Experience working the energy market or another regulated market and some familiarity with the relevant rules
- Hands-on experience working within a business and experience building internal partnerships
- Experience working in a tech business and able to help manage cyber and security risks
- Proven self-starter, with a bias to action, who is highly motivated to make an impact
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast growing, startup environment
- Experience with leading and coaching teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A logical and creative thinker with strong analytical background
- Detail oriented, yet can make quick decisions / prioritisation on what is is most important
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.