We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our members' experiences.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about helping its industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
- Work within the technology team to help increase the general quality of our websites and apps
- Analyse requirements of new features and ensure we’re testing the right things
- Report and prioritise bugs and issues raised in a variety of channels
- Build and execute manual end-to-end test plans across our websites and apps
- Contribute to automated test suites by writing tests or pairing with developers
- Communicate with stakeholders and our customer experience team
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Experience in website and mobile testing within a start-up environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in user acceptance and regression testing
- Can take a context driven approach to testing
- An understanding of software engineering processes
- Nice to have: knowledge of automated end-to-end testing techniques and tool
Teams at Bulb are cross-functional, self-organized and autonomous pods. The key features of this structure are:
• You’ll be working within a growing cross functional team.
• We practice Kanban and work lean.
• Work is not siloed, you’re able to test and have a view of all the features the team are working on.
• We use data to drive continuous improvement in our development process and we review this data in our fortnightly retrospectives.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2019