Product Designer (Mid or Senior)
What’s the most important thing you could be working on right now? Join Bulb to spend eight hours a day saving the planet. We’re the biggest green energy supplier in the UK, and we got here by being technology led, and user focused.
As part of the Content, Design and Research team you will be working with multiple product teams to solve problems, develop new products and services, and make our existing products the best they can be. Between helping our customers understand their energy use, developing new products for electric vehicle owners, helping vulnerable people get the support they need, setting great design standards through the design system, you won’t have a boring day at Bulb.
You’re not going to be working alone. The Content, Design and Research team work closely together. We learn from each other, pair on problems, hang out and eat cake.
We’re very much just-give-it-a-go type of people. When you see an opportunity to make something better, you don’t have to ask anyone’s permission to act on it.
We’re a small team in a fast growing startup, so you will have the opportunity to have a big impact in anything you do.
And we’re the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status, because we believe in the power of business to do good in the world.
- Design useful, usable and beautiful experiences for our members.
- Know when to work on your own and when to collaborate with other designers, product managers, researchers, content designers, data scientists and engineers.
- Take ownership of your work from first idea to the day it ships – and beyond.
- Contribute to product decisions, balancing vision with pragmatism.
- Test your designs with members and iterate based on what you’ve learned.
- Run workshops, sketching and critique sessions to help bring new perspectives to the work.
- Find ways to improve our products and spot opportunities for new product ideas.
- Champion inclusive and accessible design.
- Contribute to Bulb’s design system, empowering teams to build better products quickly.
- Help save 6.6 million tonnes of CO2 by the end of this year.
A portfolio showing evidence of
- Thinking analytically about the problem and articulating it well
- Uncovering needs and finding ways to meet them
- Using data and research to show you’ve solved the problem
- Designing for multiple platforms and devices
- Visual design craft and attention to detail
- Simplifying complexity
- Design products that meet user and business needs
- Communicate clearly
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Work in a team and on your own
We want Bulb to be the best place to work, by creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and up to 40% quarterly bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- £1000 and 5 days for training
- Budget for team social activities and lunches
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit