Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper, greener. We’re changing the way the energy industry treats customers and saving the planet. It’s simple things, like calling our customers ‘members’, that make us stand out from the crowd. Bulb is different; we recognise that delivering amazing support and a simple digital experience makes for loyal members who recommend us to their friends and family.We’re offering a Summer Opportunity to join Bulb as an Energy Specialist, with the potential of further opportunities thereafter. Our Energy Specialists are responsible for Bulb’s member experience.
Responding to a member query means that you do all the work from beginning to end to resolve the issue. Whereas this might be done by multiple departments elsewhere, our Energy Specialists are able to handle all types of queries, such as questions about joining or leaving Bulb, account related inquiries, contacting other suppliers, and everything in between.
By doing things differently, you learn more about the energy industry and we deliver the best, most efficient service to our members.
As an Energy Specialist at Bulb you’ll be learning huge amounts about member experience, technology, the energy industry and delivering excellent service.
- You’ll help Bulb’s members on the phone, email and online chat with a wide variety of queries
- You’ll be expected to take the initiative and rise to different challenges each day
- You’ll learn vast amounts about the way the energy industry works, but also how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers
- You’ll work in a fast paced, target focused environment constantly striving to ensure we’re providing the best member service
- You’ll resolve simple queries efficiently whilst spending the time to investigate and resolve harder, more complex ones
Our Energy Specialists drive Bulb's long term success. We're looking for people willing to invest into the role and the team. In return, we’ll be offering the opportunity to extend your time with Bulb by becoming a Brand Ambassador. As a Brand Ambassador you’ll be responsible for promoting Bulb across your university; through social media platforms, exciting events and much more.
At Bulb, we want to hire people able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
- You’re available for a minimum of 8 weeks between May and September
- You’re a self starter with a record of exciting achievements. This may be academic achievements, but could be something else entirely
- You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- You’re comfortable with numbers and learning new technology
- You’re reliable, energetic and able to prioritise effectively
- You relish the idea of self learning and personal development
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata).
- Activities for mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- The opportunity to learn about technology, the energy industry and delivering top-quality service.