Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper and greener. We’re an independent, technology-led green energy company. Our unique operating model provides low-cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. And we’re the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
Energy can be complicated, and people don’t trust things they can’t understand. Great writing helps us to tell a compelling story. And it helps us to make complex things simple.
So we’re looking for a full-time copywriter to join our team.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Write compelling copy that sticks to our brand principles and our tone of voice.
- Work closely with the Growth and Press teams to develop copy that helps to build Bulb’s reputation with members, press and policymakers.
- Work closely with the Growth team to create extraordinary, entertaining content for our members. This could include marketing pages, blog posts, in-depth online guides, printed materials and more.
- Write and test copy to make sure our members are making choices they believe in and understand.
- Proofread, adapt and edit copy from other team members.
We want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly at Bulb. But we're also interested in people who want to learn new things and feel comfortable working in a changing environment.
These are some of the things we think will be valuable in this role:
- 3-4 years in a copywriting role
- Proven self-starter
- Experience writing for a publication, organisation or company
- Experience in a digital environment, with data-driven objectives
- Experience in creating a range of content including creative copywriting, blog posts, performance content, product copy and press/political engagement pieces
- Some experience working with third-party agencies
- A basic understanding of SEO principles
- A natural curiosity to investigate how things work and why. And the ability to share what you’ve learned with others, in a way that’s easy for everyone to understand.
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit