Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join the UK’s fastest growing company.
Bulb is an independent energy supplier that provides 100% renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. In 3 years, Bulb has reached over £1.2 billion in annualised revenue and supplies over 1.1 million members.
We have developed a unique model to deliver affordable renewable energy to homes and businesses while, at the same time, giving the best-rated customer service. We achieve this by hiring great people and giving them leverage with great technology.
We are the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about leading its industry to become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
It’s an exciting time to join as we continue to grow at a rapid rate and expand internationally.
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Development of Group five year financial budgets and forecasts
- Development of international budgeting and forecasting models, and integration with Group models
- Assist in evolving cash flow reporting and forecasting at group and subgroup levels.
- Development and monitoring of key financial metrics across all departments and countries
- Responsible for re-cutting the business’s budgeting and forecasting timetables
- Oversee the refinement of budgeting templates and manage the budgeting and forecasting processes
Reporting & analysis
- Oversee development of weekly financial reporting dashboards and KPI metrics to help the leadership team monitor all activities
- Evaluate ROI for different departments
- Assist in the development of a new monthly and quarterly segmented reporting packs for investors and the Board.
- Assist with variance analysis between actual results, forecasts and budgets.
- Assist with preparation of the business plan for new business concepts
- Assist with tariff and pricing strategy
- Provide the leadership team with ad hoc analysis to support decision making
- Qualified accountant or equivalent
- Strong academic background
- Previous experience in high growth, technology businesses
- FP&A leadership experience is essential
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
- Able to work with and influence non-finance teams with robust data and analysis
- Able to manipulate, analyse and model large volumes of data
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills and able to present to Senior Management
- Be part of a growing technology business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
- Great coffee, teas and fruit